Friday, March 3, 2023

Trailer 1 script

 Hello!

I asked around and I decided to go with 1 actor instead of 2 so that it doesn't become too confusing to the audience. 

As I mentioned earlier in my blog, I might need to change my script. I spoke to my teacher about whether or not she thinks I should add this twist and she told me she doesn't think it's a bad idea but that I need to make sure that I stay true to the typical conventions of romcoms since its a genre that relies heavily on its conventions. I think I do want to challenge myself in the sense that I could combine the romanticizing with the typical conventions. I could make this clear through different point of view shots showing the juxtaposition between how McKenzie and her friend view Nick. 

I was thinking that the old beginning to the trailer could still continue but make it more about McKenzie into Nick and romanticizing Nick. She could still start off doing her hair and makeup in the mirror before school while blasting music and kind of whisper to herself "I need to look good for Nick today" in the mirror when her parents call her telling her she's going to be late. When McKenzie meets up with her friend (whose name hasn't been decided yet), her friend could have a serious conversation about Nick and asking why she's so into him. 






INT. McKenzie's ROOM - MORNING

We open up on McKenzie (Last name) getting ready for school. McKenzie has clothes thrown everywhere on her bed and floor as she tries to find the perfect outfit. McKenzie looks at herself in the mirror after finding what she thinks is a good outfit originally.

                                                                                                McKenzie

Ughhhhhh..... Why do I look bad in everything. I hate everything in my closet!


McKenzie takes off her sweater and throws it at the mirror in anger. This is used as a transition to McKenzie now in her new outfit. 


                                                                       McKenzie

Finally!


McKenzie now walks to her bathroom and presses the play button on her phone for the music. She immediately begins dancing around her bathroom as she puts on a natural makeup look: foundation, blush, light eyeshadow and mascara.

                                                                        McKenzie's MOM


McKenzie!!! HURRY UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE

                                                                       McKenzie                                                                   

GOING!!!


The doorbell rings and McKenzie runs out of her room. She grabs a bagel and as she closes the door yells goodbye to her parents. 


EXT. SIDEWALK - MORNING                                                                                               

McKenzie's friend

You look cute today! 

                                                                    McKenzie

Thanks. Gotta look good for Nick!

                                                                      McKenzie's friend

Oh my god. Not this again. Stop going for Nick. He's literally so bland.

                                                                       McKenzie

Oh my god, no he's not. He's literally a skater boy. That makes him hot. He's at least an 8.5                           

                                                                     McKenzie's friend

6 max. He has no personality. All he has to do is skate to school and he has you drooling all over him. You should see someone. 


McKenzie

Shut up. I mean I probably, but still shut up.


Both girls break out in laughter. They stop when they look across the street and see Nick and his friend skating to school with headphones on.


As they get closer to the school, the girls cross the street at the crosswalk onto the side of the street Nick and (Nick's friend's name) are. They cross paths

McKenzie

Hey Nick (Very eagerly)


Nick does a little whats'up head toss but doesn't wave or say anything.


They walk past each other and are now on their own


McKenzie

Oh my god, did you see? Nick said hi to me. 


McKenzie's friend

Girl he hit you with a 'sup. He didn't even say hi. 


McKenzie

Po-ta-toe, pat-at-oe


****Here I could probably have a screen filled with text about the movie in the dramatic typical rom com voice****


***Here I could have different situations in which McKenzie is following Nick around like a dog and he's kinda like "go away girl"***


***I could also have the typical cheesy slow motion showing the way McKenzie perceives him***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Distribution Project!

 The project is finally here! I hope you enjoy!  He Was A Skater Boi Distribution Project Folder (Google Drive) He Was A Skater Boi (Trailer...