Thursday, March 2, 2023

Peer Reviews

Hello!

Last class, we did peer reviews and I realized how far behind I am. The main critique I got was that I need to have a twist on my movie to differentiate it from any other romcom. The main advice I received during this process was that the movie could consist more about a girl (McKenzie) who is romanticizing the guy (Nick) since he is a skater boy and as my classmate said, "Skaters are hot now". I thought this was funny and it could totally work with modern times but maybe it doesn't with the early 2000's. 

Another question I had was how to portray the romanticizing of Nick. I don't know whether or not to have two separate actors or have one actor and use hair, makeup, and costume design to portray the idea that one is the real version of Nick while the other is the romanticized, fake version. I have another actor in mind that can play the romanticized version because I think that the original actor can do a better job at brining the role of Nick to life.

I had planned to begin filming sometime next week but I don't know if it's still possible because I need to fix my story and create my script. If anything, I would be able to film Thursday and Friday and then edit over the weekend. However, I just realized that the two actors I have are also in musical theatre and their show is next week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so they obviously cannot film up until next Saturday because they need to rehearse. The second actor I had in mind for the romantized version of Nick (haven't spoken to him yet) is also a theatre so either way I cannot film up until Saturday. However, this does allow me more time to plan everything out, make changes to the story/script and set everything up.

I am going to ask around and see what people think about the one vs two actors portraying Nick and then talk to the two actors I had already spoken to, to see if they are available for next Saturday.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Distribution Project!

 The project is finally here! I hope you enjoy!  He Was A Skater Boi Distribution Project Folder (Google Drive) He Was A Skater Boi (Trailer...