Friday, February 17, 2023

Inspiration part 2




This trailer seems very upbeat with very fast cuts. Voiceover continues throughout the trailer as the 2 point of view shots occur in which the 2 characters pass each other in the hall. The actors' names do not come up in the trailer; the only text displayed is the title which looks like something that would show up in a Watchmojo YouTube video. 

The second trailer is more Kat in her rebel stage compared to a mostly romance trailer in trailer 1. The fast cuts continue a little bit but nowhere near the amount of the first trailer. It focuses more on character development which is something I plan on doing in one of my trailers. There was an interview-like scene which could be used in my trailer maybe but I don't fully know if I love it or hate it. I didn't love this movie as an example but I was able to get a few notes about it. 



This trailer has a voiceover by Andie Anderson. The text is white typically with a dark (mostly black) background and has little sentences to hook the audience throughout different scenes. The man's voiceover does occur at the end of the trailer, however.

The second trailer in my opinion is more about character development compared to the first one. It was nearly 30 seconds shorter that the first one. The font for the title in the second trailer is super fun and different colors. For some reason, the first trailer felt very long. I do not want my trailer to feel super short but I do not want it so boring and repetitive that it feels like it never ends so I need to find a good in between. 



Immediately, text was introduced (the text being in a super fancy, cursive font) and the voiceover. There's quirky transitions being used such as the wobble and page flip transition. The text then changes to a blue bold font to mention movies that have been directed by the same person (ex Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride). I also noticed a zoom in as Mia says "SHUT UP" when learning she is a princess. 



The voiceover is consistent as well as the music pertaining to the time (switches between 3 or 4 different songs). A lot of the techniques used in this trailer were used in previous trailers so it's hard to mention different things. I did like the short little sentences throughout the trailer and plan to use it in mine. 



I liked the split screen in which 4 different scenes are placed on one screen with the little text. I noticed quite a few arc shots which would be cool and interesting to integrate in my trailer in an awkward or funny scene. This trailer definitely had the fun, engaging feel to it as a result of the music, shots and text.The second trailer was only a minute (it felt more like a teaser) so I do not know if I am required to do a minimum of 2 minutes each trailer or what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Distribution Project!

 The project is finally here! I hope you enjoy!  He Was A Skater Boi Distribution Project Folder (Google Drive) He Was A Skater Boi (Trailer...