Friday, March 31, 2023

Trailer #2: Updated Script


INT. SCHOOL CLASSROOM - DAYTIME

We open up on a school classroom. Nick is with his friend (still no name) in the back of the class. The teacher is teaching something (English or math) while the boys are pretending to read a book (the book is upside down) while they're taking a nap. There's loud chatter going on.



Out of nowhere: silence. The teacher realizes Nick's asleep and thinks for a second before walking up to Nick and slamming a textbook on his desk. Nick wakes up suddenly and the rest of the class begins cracking up.



Teacher

Next time you want to pretend to read in class Mr. (Nick's last name), at least have your book right side up.


Nick

(Makes a smart-ass comment)


The class starts dying of laughter. McKenzie turns around crackling and looks at Nick all romantically.

He puts his feet on the desk, pulls the beanie over his eyes and falls back asleep. The bell rings and it shows the boys walking out of class when the girls walk over to them. 


EXT. SCHOOL - DAYTIME

Mckenzie

Hey! Party at my place Saturday. 


Nick

Yeah um I heard about it


Mckenzie

So um.. you coming? 


Nick

Not really my scene.


Mckenzie

That's okay we'll hang out Sunday maybe?


Nick

Maybe


They walk away. The girls whisper and you can hear a little bit of the conversation


McKenzie

He's just playing hard to get. He's like in love with me, you'll see.

Sophie

No he's not but keep being delusional. His friends cute tho. 


Nick


Oh my god this girl wont stop.

Jake

Dude. How have you gone for that? She's literally all over you.


Nick

Ehhhh. She's okay. She's not really my type you know.



Jake

She's everybody's type.


Nick's friend rolls his eyes. 
They walk away from camera


EXT. PARK - DAYTIME (film at Regional)

This scene consists of Nick skateboarding around town where he runs into McKenzie. He tries to find a way out but it's too late. She sees him and walks over. 


McKenzie

Hey you!


Nick

whats up?


McKenzie

I was thinking maybe we could hang out sometime just us? 


Nick

Maybe 


McKenzie

Maybe? Are you not into me? Like everyone's into me. 


Nick

It's never gonna happen, sorry.


McKenzie

Do you know who I am? Like what?

McKenzie storms off and yells "ughhhhhhh"


INT - DAYTIME (film at somebody's house)

This scene consists of Nick and Jake talking about McKenzie.


Nick

I saw McKenzie again today. She asked me out again today. 


Jake

Why don't you want to go out with her? You're the only guy at school who's not like in love with her.


Nick

She's like idk not my type.


EXT. PARK - NIGHTTIME (film at Regional)

This scene consists of Nick skateboarding at night. I was thinking of going back and forth between different shots (ex. longshot, pov shot, tracking shot) while he thinks to himself about his feelings for McKenzie. 


He checks his phone and a message pops up from McKenzie saying: 
"Hey. A bunch of us are going to the beach tomorrow. You wanna come? If it means you'll be there, you can bring Jake."


Nick smiles and then realizes he smiled at her text and then immediately puts his phone away and skates off. 


He sees all these images of McKenzie and it keeps flashing from that to him skateboarding. Eventually there is the inclusion of Nick walking around with his hands in his hair thinking to himself and trying to figure out how he feels. 

BLACK SCREEN: WILL NICK FALL IN LOVE OR WILL MCKENZIE FALL OUT OF IT? 


EXT. JAKE's HOUSE- NIGHTTIME

Nick runs to the front of Jake's house panting with his skateboard in his hand. He is out of breath as he rings the doorbell repeatedly. 

Jake answers the door all worried. 


Jake

Dude it's 12:30. This better be good. 


Nick

I think I'm in love with McKenzie ! (panting)


Jake

Dude finally. But it's 12:30 a.m., you couldn't pick a better time to tell me? 


Nick

She invited me to the beach with her tomorrow. What do I do? 


Jake
I think you better come in...


Nick walks in the room and closes the door. The door closing acts as a transition to show McKenzie and Sophia speaking. 


INT. SOPHIE's HOUSE- DAYTIME

You know. I think you're right. I think I was never into Nick, I just thought I was because I want what I can't have. What do you think about me going after Jake?


Sophie

Girl. 


Both girls laugh.


EXT. PARK- SUNSET

SLOW-MO SCENE OF THE 2 CHARACTERS WALKING UP TO EACH OTHER. THEY DON'T BREAK EYE CONTACT. 

Nick

Hey


McKenzie
Hey


THEY BOTH SMILE AND THEN THEIR HANDS BRUSH AGAINST EACH OTHER. THEY EACH LOOK DOWN (POV SHOT) AND THEN THE TRAILER ENDS.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Distribution Project!

 The project is finally here! I hope you enjoy!  He Was A Skater Boi Distribution Project Folder (Google Drive) He Was A Skater Boi (Trailer...